This is my first time "Blogging" and frankly I don't get it. I guess we as a society have come full circle. When Grandpa was a young man writing letters was a typical form of communication and here we are again. I just arrived home from Albuquerque, New Mexico for Christmas. We got a little snow, but not enough to stick. We have just received a letter that Mary has been granted a 1 year scholarship for gymnastics. This is great news because it is so expensive. She has moved up another level and has completed 2 competitions to date. They must see something in her! She is quickly learning to speak Spanish and it's such a delight to hear her converse in another language. James is doing great also. Rose has been home schooling him to get him ready for kindergarten later next year. He is a very bright boy with quite the sense of humor. The first thing he wants to do when he gets a new toy is take it apart to see how it works. Rose and I are doing well and we send all of our love out to the clan!
God Bless,
Danny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Danny,
Just like you, I recall the family letters from my grandparents.
When my father was stationed in India, he wrote my mother every day.
When I was a kid, the family used "Round Robin" letters to keep everyone up to date.
Each person would add to the letters before it and mail all the pages to the next person, following a list of addresses.
After WWII my father, his brother and my mother's brothers bought land near each other in Minnesota.
The Round Robin letters stopped, but summer visit allowed us to share family stories.
This worked until the grandchildren spread out.
The family now lives from England to China.
Computers compress time and distance, making this blog our new Round Robin letter.
You must be so proud of Mary's achievements.
Gymnastics requires extreme focus and lots of practice.
I laughed when I read that James is being schooled for kindergarten.
My granddaughter Sophie, now three and a half, walks down to the street by herself for a school bus to take her to Mandarin school.
In Hong Kong it is normal to be schooled for kindergarten.
As a kid in Texas, we did not even have kindergarten and now my grandchildren start schooling before kindergarten.
I think I might have been smart if I had started earlier.
Best regards,
Martin
Post a Comment